2019 Training Calendar (scheduled events)
- DBT Foundational training . Monday 8th to Friday 12 April 2019, Auckland. The Foundational training is a five day training for new members of Intensively trained DBT team. Click here for more information.
- DBT Team-Foundational Training. Starts Monday 8th to Friday 12 April 2019, Auckland. The Team-Foundational is a two-part training spread across 6 months designed to establish new teams (of 4 to 8 clinicians) who have been workiing with DBTNZ to provide comprehensive DBT. The first part of the Team-Foundational training is combined with the Foundational training. Click here for more information.
- DBT Skills Essentials - Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th May 2019 in Auckland. This two-day event covers the fundamentals of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills as well as how to set up and run a group, teach skills and overcome some common skills group problems. Click here for more information and to register online.
- Introduction to DBT - September 2019 - Dates and venue to be confirmed - This two-day workshop is for mental health professionals who wish to acquaint themselves with the treatment or who are considering further training in DBT.
- DBT Skills Essentials -- November 2019 - Dates and venue to be confirmed. Description as above.
South Island training?
- We are interested in running more training in the South Island and would like to gauge interest in us providing training in Christchurch in the second half of 2019. This would most likely be the September 'Introduction to DBT' or the November 'Skill Essentials training'. If you have an interest in a Christchurch event please contact us and let us know.
On-site DBT training for your organization
Sending a small number of staff to a scheduled training is usually a more economical option. However, if you have a large number of staff needing training and/or are looking towards a large implementation of DBT then it may be more effective and economical to bring us to you. We can provide on-site training to your organization and work with you to implement DBT in your context. Contact us to discuss your needs.
The easiest way to stay informed about DBT training in New Zealand is to sign up for our emails – click here to sign-up for emails.
DBT jobs in New Zealand:
DBT therapist, Te Whare Mahana, Takaka, Golden Bay